A Boy Scout camping trip can be really fun and exciting but they can also be very dangerous without the right equipment.
Here are some steps to help get prepared:
- Know the location of the camping area: Get a map or GPS coordinates of the area, Know traveling route and time it takes to get to the area, also check the weather prior to departure.
- Practice setting up the tent that will be used on the camping trip and building a fire, like at the location.
- Learn to prepare and cook food that would be used at the camping trip.
- Pack and load all gear and equipment in the items needed list: Try to pack light, but don’t take any unnecessary gear.
- Don’t leave gear that is on the list to lose weight.
- Go to location of camping trip and Set up tent and get fire started before dark if possible in a safe location. If it gets too dark then it will be hard to see.
- Set up cooking and dinning area in a safe location.
- Plan the trip ahead and leave early to destination due to traffic that could be backed up.
Here are also somethings that will be helpful for the camping trip:
- You’ll Need Flashlight
- Sleeping bag
- Tarp Food/drinks
- Stove Cooking set
- Clothes (warm/cold weather)
- Rain gear/umbrella Water
- Water bottle
- Fire starter/waterproof matches
- Pocketknife Boots Boy Scout uniform (optional)
- First Aid Kit
- Toiletries /Towel
- Personal Gear